Western Suburbs Giving Circle
Who We Are
The Western Suburbs Giving Circle (WSGC) of Chicago Foundation for Women is a group of Chicago-area women who combine their funds to address the needs of women and girls in the western suburbs with a special focus on economic security and freedom from violence. By leveraging the power of collective gifts, our grants create meaningful impact and improve lives.
2023 – 2024 Co-Chairs
Dena Byrd, Lauren Genuardi, and Julie Olafson
Who We Support
The Western Suburbs Giving Circle invests in organizations providing direct service and advocacy for women and girls in our community around the issues of economic security and freedom from violence.
In eight years, we have awarded over $225,000 to local organizations such as:
- Center for Advancing Domestic Peace
- INellas Restoration Center
- Immigrant Solidarity DuPage
- Magdalene House Chicago, Inc.
- Cicero Independiente
- The Answer Inc. Autism Awareness & Support Agency
- Un Nuevo Despertar-A New Awakening
WSGC is a place for women to engage and be a part of a community of women that addresses needs and increases opportunities for women and girls in the region. Help a woman, help a family. Help a girl, empower the next generation.
WSGC offers the opportunity for hands-on, collaborative philanthropy:
- Meet local leaders who work daily to improve women and girls’ lives.
- Hear interesting speakers and visit innovative organizations in our area.
- Learn how to be a philanthropic leader by becoming a Chicago Foundation for Women community member.
- Be inspired to support women and girls that help uplift entire communities. Be a witness to lives changed for the better.
WSGC is a fund of Chicago Foundation for Women. CFW invests in women and girls as catalysts, building strong communities for all and funding organizations working to solve the biggest problems facing women and girls: economic insecurity, violence, and lack of access to health care and information. Since 1985, CFW has invested more than $45 million in hundreds of organizations, impacting over 226,000 women, girls, trans, and gender nonbinary individuals in our region and guiding thousands of women and girls into becoming philanthropists.
Interested in becoming a member? For more information, contact Vanessa Lee (Program Officer) at firstname.lastname@example.org.