Who We Are
Chicago Foundation for Women values—in ourselves and every organization we support—these core principles:
- Equality: We believe that equality is a universal human right, and we uphold respect and dignity as guiding principles in all our work.
- Empowerment: We believe in the right of individuals to make choices and have control over their minds, bodies and spirits.
- Diversity: We value the strength and wisdom that come from all voices and embrace the complexities of communities.
- Collaboration: We affirm the transformative power of collective efforts and the importance of having women and girls engaged in issues that affect their lives.
- Integrity: We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards and level of accountability.
Chicago Foundation for Women is a community of people who
improve the lives of women and girls through grants, advocacy, leadership development, and public and grantee education. Since 1985 we have given more than 2,800 grants totaling more than $18 million.
Chicago Foundation for Women advocates through its funding and leadership on behalf of women and girls and invests in emerging and established nonprofit 501(c)(3) organizations throughout metropolitan Chicago which adhere to our mission and values. We support organizations within the six-county metropolitan area: Cook, DuPage, Kane, Lake, McHenry and Will counties. Activities can be local, regional or in some instances statewide.
Chicago Foundation for Women is a grantmaking organization dedicated to increasing resources and opportunities for women and girls in the greater Chicago area. To support our philanthropy, the Foundation promotes increased investment in women and girls, raises awareness about their issues and potential, and develops them as leaders and philanthropists.
A Focus on Women and GirlsChicago Foundation for Women is part of a global women's funding movement that is rooted in a commitment to social justice from the perspective of women and girls. We are dedicated to championing issues and solutions critical to the success of women and girls through communications, strategic partnerships, training and education, fundraising and grantmaking. For every issue on the public agenda—from health care to anti-violence—there is a dimension specific to women. When a woman is given an opportunity, an entire family and community can benefit.Vision
The Foundation envisions a community and world in which all women and girls have the opportunity to achieve their potential and live in safe, just and healthy communities.
Interested in applying? We recommend that you complete the Prospective Applicant Eligibility Quiz to help you determine if your organization and/or project meets the basic funding requirements.
How to Contact Us
Chicago Foundation for Women welcomes questions from applicants at any point before, during and after the application process.
Please contact Program Officer Elizabeth Hartig at email@example.com or (312) 577-2819.
This page last updated 11/1/2012